A thriving Texas economy depends on all children reaching their full potential and parents being able to work. But today, too many families with young children in Texas are struggling and their needs have grown as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Without support, parents with young children often can’t contribute to the workforce. When young children aren’t on track for healthy development and learning, we undermine the potential of our future workforce and our economic strength, risking the need for more costly interventions later on.
We need to take action now by investing in quality early childhood care and education, healthy moms, infants, and toddlers early, voluntary interventions. Doing so will ensure parents with young children can return to and stay at work to sustain our economy, support our future workforce by ensuring young children are on track for healthy development and learning, and save taxpayers money.
Access to affordable, quality childcare will:
• Help Texas recover from COVID-19 and can add $57 billion annually to the U.S. economy
• Improve business productivity by an amount up to $12 billion annually the the U.S. economy.
• Make Texas more Competitive vs other states
• Help support Small Businesses
• Help support Minority-Owned Businesses